From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-29 09:29:49

Adam Badura:

> I have a large project at work. We use Visual Studio 2005 with SP 1 and
> Boost 1.34.0.
> When we use boost::bind in algorithms on collections we very often get
> following warning (at level 3):
>

> J:\ThirdParty\boost_1_34_0\boost/bind.hpp(1575) : warning C4180: qualifier
> applied to function type has no meaning; ignored

This is a VC8 compiler bug; the compiler is picking up the wrong
specialization. It is harmless in this particular case as the code is only
instantiated, but not executed. I haven't been able to find a workaround. My
impression is that MS has acknowledged this as a bug after much
deliberation, but promised no fix. :-)