From: Lorenzo Cavallaro (sullivan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-03 16:34:56

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 11:17:28PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Do you guys have any idea of what's going on?
>
> No, but logically thinking there are two ways how boost serialization
> can affect things:
>
> 1. It can have a static constructors that kills things.
> 2. It can have a function that LD_PRELOAD-y overrides
> something it should not.

   As for 2 I'm pretty sure this is not happening (I'm overriding some
   functions/system call wrappers). Likewise, for 1 this shouldn't happen
   either. I'm not making an extreme use of C++ feature, just the fewer that
   are needed for the serialization part.

   However, I removed basically everything related to C++ code, beside keeping
   libboost includes and, however, linking libboost_serialization to it (even
   if this shouldn't have linked actually anything, if all the
   serialization-dependent code has been correctly removed).

> I'd suggest incrementally decrease the number of files that are linked into
> boost serialization. Of course removing any file from link will give use useless
> boost serialization, and you say that for test purposes, you've removed any use.
> I think that sooner or later you'll get a minimal example reproducing the
> problem and it all will be obvious.

   True. However, as a side note I tried linking my code with
   libboost_serialization-gcc41-d.so. Looking at the size and considering the
   -d I presume this is the library with debugging info (but I may be wrong,
   of coure). Weird enough, everything works perfectly.

TIA, bye
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo `Gigi Sullivan' Cavallaro <sullivan_at_[hidden]>
GPG key at http://security.dico.unimi.it/~sullivan/sullivan.asc