From: Miles Bader (miles.bader_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-04 03:02:16

Is there a way to change the output format that
program_options::options_description uses for operator<<?

I don't like the output format it uses by default, and I'd like to use
the usual GNU format instead.

Alternatively, is there a relatively easy way to iterate over all the
entries in an options_description (which can be nested, I gather) in a
way that I could print the help output myself? From looking over the
interface, it seems that there's not really enough information exposed
(via the public interface) to do this -- e.g., the "short name" of an
option_description is private, and there doesn't seem to be any way to
get access to the "groups" in options_descriptions.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Would you like fries with that?