From: Martin Ecker (martin.ecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-12 02:33:03

Hi Dan,

dan marsden wrote:
> The following code allows references to pass through, as I believe you want. It just
> uses a slight modification to your function object to allow it to cope with references
> correctly.

<snip modified code>

My problem is that in pass_through::operator () I need to know the
actual type stored in the vector. With your modified code I would not
necessarily get that, e.g. for vector<int, int&> where I would not
have any way of distinguishing whether T is a reference or not. That's
what I need actually.

My example might have been a bit contrived. To give more context: For
each type T in a vector I want to conditionally transform the type T
to another type to get a new vector where some of the types and values
have been changed and some have simply been passed through.

Thanks,
Martin