From: Tommy Nordgren (tommy.nordgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-12 12:34:00

On 1 sep 2007, at 18.27, John Maddock wrote:

> Tommy Nordgren wrote:
>> Building dynamic regular experssion libraries fails on Mac OS X
>> Tiger , when attempting to
>> link against ICU.
>> I would appreciate any hint on how to fix this.
>> All the ICU libraries are present in /usr/local/lib,
>> so I wonder if I need to add -licudata to the build somehow. (As can
>> be seen from the build log,
>> only -licui18n and -licuuc are added to the command line. (I've
>> tried to edit the boost distribution files
>> that refer to theese flags, to also include -icudata , but the
>> command line passed to the tools don't change,
>> so how do I do it)
>
> Try:
>
> bjam -sHAVE_ICU=1 linkflags=-licudata
>
> Let me know if that fixes things, and then I'll update the build
> script
> accordingly.
>
> HTH, John.

        Copying bjam to a directory in the PATH,
and running the above commandline did not help. Bjam tried to build
with toolset gcc instead of toolset darwin.
What DID work was modifying -"libs/regex/build/Jamfile.v2", the
modified version of which is included with this
message, and then rerunning ./configure and make.

-----
What is a woman that you forsake her, and the hearth fire and the
home acre,
to go with the old grey Widow Maker. --Kipling, harp song of the
Dane women
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren_at_[hidden]