From: Cory Omand (coryomand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 11:08:43

On 9/12/07, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Try the following change.
>
> Read the explanation in the "rationale" section.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I actually did read the rationale section
prior to coding this example. However, I would have expected the
STATIC_ASSERT trap if I was passing the wrong thing to the serializer
(as I did while trying to serialize pointers in a different example).
I ended up with the sample code I attached to the previous mail via
the serialization test 'test_map.cpp', which does not serialize via a
const ref to the map.

When I change my code as you suggest, I still get the same error about
'incomplete type used in name specifier' for
boost::serialization::extended_type_info_null<pair<const string,
string> >. I have attached a log including the complete set of errors
I get when compiling the sample.

Regards,
Cory.