From: Robert Bielik (robert.bielik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-17 02:06:48

Hi,

Surya Kiran Gullapalli skrev:
> Hello all,
> I'm newbie to boost::iostreams library.
>
> I'm trying to unzip a .zip file. for that I'm using iostream's
> zlib_decompressor class to inflate it. I'm using the sample code
> provided in the documentation. What I was getting is an exception
> (zlib error).
>
> My question is can i use boost::iostreams classes for unzipping a .zip
> file.? If so how? a small sample snippet would be helpful.

A .zip file is actually a collection of zlib compressed files, so you cannot use zlib_decompressor directly on the
zip file, but you have to extract the files within the zip file first, then decompress them. But how to do that, I
don't know (in boost context). But there are plenty of zip archive libs around, f.i.
http://www.artpol-software.com/ZipArchive/Default.aspx . I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a boost way of
doing this...

/Rob