From: graham.walsh_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-09-17 08:03:18

Hi,

we're in the process of optimising our application. We've already deployed
serialization, memory pools and now we're looking at the container code.
unfortunately it is highly inefficient. We're attacking some basic
optimisations we can use (setting the capacity etc), but there's one thing
I'd like to clarify.

Right now we're running with STL containers, vector and map for the most
part. Before modifying the container in question, we're obliged to
lock/protect the container as we have a highly concurrent environment. I
would like to know if there's a MT safe container available...i.e. for map
and vector. If yes, could anybody please direct me to a doc page that
discusses it. I apologise if its staring me in the face but I can't get any
doc that discusses mt safety.

thanks much for any info and have a nice day

Graham
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.