From: Chris Newbold (Chris.Newbold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-17 18:50:01

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:33:53 -0400, Doug Gregor wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2007, at 10:25 AM, thomas free wrote:
>> ************************************ //Change here
>>
>> #ifdef _WIN64
>>
>> template <> struct IntegerConcept<__int64> { void constraints()
>> {} };
>>
>> template <> struct IntegerConcept<unsigned __int64> { void
>> constraints() {} };
>>
>> #endif
>>
>> ************************************
>>
>> #endif
>>

>> When I put this two lines, the code compile and link has well has on
>> Win32 platform
>
> Those look fine; I've updated the Boost trunk accordingly.

That's not going to help other 64-bit platforms like Linux, or for the
use of 64-bit types like 'long long' on 32-bit systems.

We've been bitten in the past by large discrepancies between
IntegerConcept and is_integral in the type_traits library. Is there a
reason why IntegerConcept doesn't just use is_integral? At the very
least, it would be nice if the two had consistent answers for all types.

-Chris