From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 01:04:18

On Sep 19, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Brian Stadler wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm still not convinced boost is interpreting these file
> correctly. I understand and agree that node id's are strings. I
> do not understand why you think these graph files are a special case.
It is a special case that your node id's happen to be integers. The
node name information is stored in the dynamic_properties (and in the
internal vertex_name property of your graph). The write_graphviz
operation requires you to explicitly pass along a mapping from nodes
to ids if you want to control the ids of the vertices.

> Answer me the following. Why is that when I process the following
> using the dot binary that i get back a picture with the correct
> interpretation, but when I read the same file using the boost
> library its interpretation is skewed?

What precisely do you mean when you say that its interpretation is
"skewed"?

Cheers,
ron