From: Sebastian Hauer (sebastian.hauer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 16:56:05

Hello Gennadiy,
Thanks for the reply.

On 9/19/07, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sebastian Hauer <sebastian.hauer <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\iterator(730) :
> > error C2953: 'stdext::checked_array_iterator' : class template has
> > already been defined
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > 8\VC\INCLUDE\xutility(3220) : see declaration of
> > 'stdext::checked_array_iterator'
> >
> > Note: including file: Y:\sys\lib\boost_1_34_1
> \include\boost/shared_ptr.hpp
> > Note: including file: Y:\sys\lib\boost_1_34_1\include\boost/config.hpp
> > Note: including file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > 8\VC\INCLUDE\memory
> > Note: including file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > 8\VC\INCLUDE\iterator
> >
> > Has anyone else run into this problem?
>
> I think you misplace the issue. Looks like the problem is either in
> shared_ptr.hpp or in Microsoft own headers.

I think the problem just manifested itself when I compiled one of my
unit tests but was not necessarily boost unit test specific. I ended
up not having the time to deal with it and uninstalled it again. I
installed SP1 for VC8 since I read somewhere that it addressed a
memory leak issues with regards to their streams implementation and
custom facets. After the uninstall of SP1 everything worked again as
expected and compiled just fine :)

Regards,
Sebastian