From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-21 17:53:02

I have some code which cycles through items in a list as the user
presses buttons.

I need to be able to move forward and backwards through this list and
apply a filtering predicate.

For lists that cycle through the available items when operator++ is
called on the last iterator before end that satisfies the predicate it
the iterator should point to the first element that satisfies the
predicate. When operator-- is called on that iterator it should point
to the last iterator before end again.

For lists that traverse the available items without cycling when
operator++ is called on the last iterator before end that satisfies the
predicate the iterator should point to the same element. When
operator-- is called on the first iterator that satisfies the predicate
the iterator should point to the same element.

The logic isn't very hard but I'd rather not duplicate it. Are there any
available iterator adaptors that perform these operations at the range
limits?

Thanks,

Michael Marcin