From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-24 08:24:11

On 9/24/07, Frank Mori Hess <fmhess_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 September 2007 23:45, dhruva wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 9/24/07, Daniel Wallin <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Kirit Sælensminde wrote:
> > > We already have a wiki. How is this different?
> >
> > Well, this thread was going on for sometime, wish there was more
> > traction from the core BOOST members. Maybe, a lot of effort could
> > have been avoided.
> > Having a WIKI is a battle won but having someone or a group of people
> > willing to turn it into a COOKBOOK is the primary goal. Is there any
> > such plans from the BOOST core community (boost-consulting)? Any leads
> > will help in not duplicating the efforts and more importantly,
> > confusing the BOOST user community.
>
> There is the glue docs project on the wiki:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/GlueDocsProject

We should try to work together. Your cookbook idea is similar to the
"Common Tasks" Section of the Glue Docs project of IBD. You have came
up with a nice way to collect examples, that can make a real
difference.

There are a few devels working to improve boost documentation [1], we
use the boost-docs list [2] as our main communication method. It will
be very good if you can post your idea there.

Nice to see movement in this front :)
Best regards
Matias

[1] http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingBoostDocs