From: JD (jean.daniel.michaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-29 04:54:06

eg wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> I tried without the new_file_size, I tried with a mapped_file... Is
>> there something I don't get? Why are we not able to open a file that
>> already exist?
>>

> I assume you have mapped_file.cpp in your project already (otherwise I
> don't think you could link).

Well no, I'm under windows (XP) compiling with msvc-8.0 so there is
automatic linking activated. I do not compile mapped_file.cpp with my
source code.

> Upon quick inspection, your example seems to mimic some of the test code
> almost identically (i.e. in mapped_file_test.cpp), so I think it should
> work...
>
> What happens when you try to run the unit tests in the
> boost_1_34_1\libs\iostreams\test subdirectory of the source tarball?
>
> Do they pass?

Yes, they do. (?)
All tests are passed...
And yes, the code mimic the example as I iteratively converge my code to
it because I was not understanding what I was doing wrong.

I don't get it.

JD