From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-30 14:47:48

A easy way to fix this would be to put the serialization code in the source file instead of the header file but I can't get this to work...

There is no reason why this shouldn't work. Invest some effort figuring out why it won't link. Check namespaces.

Robert Ramey
  "Fred Lupien" <fred.lupien_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:32e6d6bf0709300738u77850377t2bf40ec5501b882f_at_mail.gmail.com...
  Hi,

     I am using the boost serialization library in a personal project and ran into a recursive include problem. Class A serialize an object of class B and class B also serialize an object of class A. So class A must be a complete type in class B and class B must be a complete type in class A, hence the recursive include problem. I always end up with unresolved externals if the body of my serialization functions are not within the header file. Any way around this beside switching to non-intrusive serialization?

  thanx!

  --
  Frédérick Martel-Lupien
  Étudiant en Génie Informatique