From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 12:26:41

I want to use the program_options library for my app's, well, program options. There is one set of options, which will usually only be one or two lines, that will have an unknown name; this is only handled by the (boost::program_options::) basic_command_line_parser template, with, apparently, no equivalent functionality for config files.

This seems to me to be an oversight. I would have thought there would at least be an option to ignore unknown parameters if they aren't supported like for the command line.

For my needs, it looks like I might need to modify the Boost sources to disable the exception on unknown parameters, or force the user to create a special config file for, most likely, a single parameter. Or I can change the syntax to something much less natural.

What I'm hoping for is either someone to inform me that I'm wrong, and there is a way to handle config files more elegantly than what I'm seeing, or a suggestion as to how best to implement what I need.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-- Marty Fried - email: public.forums (at) gmail.com
Left coast, USA