From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 19:00:03

"Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Marty Fried wrote:
>
>> I want to use the program_options library for my app's, well, program
>> options. There is one set of options, which will usually only be one or
>> two lines, that will have an unknown name; this is only handled by the
>> (boost::program_options::) basic_command_line_parser template, with,
>> apparently, no equivalent functionality for config files.
>>
>> . . . [cut]
>
> I think SVN HEAD has this definition:
>
> basic_parsed_options<charT>
> parse_config_file(std::basic_istream<charT>&, const
> options_description&,
> bool allow_unregistered = false);
>
> which should work for you.

Volodya,

Thanks a lot for the reply. This will make it a lot easier for me. I've
never used subversion, but hopefully, I can muddle through figuring out how
to use it. I did find a copy of parsers.hpp that has the new definition,
and I was happy to see that that was the only change, as I don't want to use
the unreleased library, nor do I want to wait. :-)

So, I will try to patch in the changes for now, and convert to using the
library when it's released.

If I can't find the sources, I may impose on you once more for help, but
I'll try not to do that.

-- Marty Fried - Left coast, USA