From: Mike Marchywka (marchywka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 13:32:55

Well, I wanted a static build but couldn't get that to work and then I
realized
it needed a dll only when I tried to run in different location. These are
the lib's I have.

$ ls ./boost/lib | grep regex
libboost_regex-gcc-mt-1_33_1.a
libboost_regex-gcc-mt-s-1_33_1.a
libboost_regex-gcc-mt-s.a
libboost_regex-gcc-mt.a

Linking against the static produced undefines such as

./boost/lib/libboost_regex-gcc-mt-s-1_33_1.a(cpp_regex_traits.o):cpp_regex_trait
s.cpp:(.text+0x4cf): undefined reference to
`__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add(int v
olatile*, int)'

so it looked like the non-static was working. I'm also trying to use all
the prebuilds as
I didn't want to try to build this from scratch but maybe it is worth giving
it a shot.

http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#link-your-program-to-a-boost-library

Thanks. I'm sure this is something simple in a FAQ list but I haven't found
it yet.