From: Nicholas Bastin (nick.bastin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 15:19:47

On 10/2/07, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Nicholas Bastin wrote:
> > And of course my build fails. Anyone know what to do about this, or
> > what is screwed up in my environment?
>
> Make sure icc.exe is in your path when you build... And posting the
> build line that fails would help to better diagnose what might be wrong.

Well, that's the problem. The intel compiler on windows isn't called
icc.exe, it's called icl.exe (and has been for quite some time...at
least 9.0 onwards, and I think 8.0 as well).

Now I have a new problem. Something in the build process is trying to run:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcvarsall"

But VS8 isn't actually a 64-bit application (even though it can build
64-bit object code), so it's not located in C:\Program Files (which is
reserved for 64-bit native apps). VS8 is installed in "C:\Program
Files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8". Where can I edit to tell
boost.build where this file really is?

--
Nick