From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 20:27:23

Kirit Sælensminde wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>> Kirit Sælensminde wrote:
>>> I think I have a misunderstanding of what the boost::function_traits
>>> is doing. From your explanation it seems that boost::function_traits
>>> is there to examine only function signatures where a function type is
>>> of the form R( A1, A2, etc. ),
>> Correct.
>
> What is the reason for the restriction?

Well theoretically we could have a 'remove_member_pointer' as well.
Unfortunately it's not easily implementable without running into a lot
of compiler-specific trouble.

The Boost CVS/SVN contains a library that is dedicated to deal with this
trouble. See

     $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/function_types/docs/html/index.html

it should contain easily readable traits for all the use cases you
mentioned in this thread.

Regards,
Tobias