From: Srinivas Gardas (gardas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 15:43:49

Hi,
I am quite new to boost. Are there any code examples around usage of
'open_or_create' mode for ceating the shared_memory_object?
My problem is, after we create a 'shared_memory_object' using
'open_or_create' there is no way to know whether it created 'created' a file
or 'opened' an already existing file. We need this apparently, because if we
are creating a new file, we have to '*construct<container>("MySharedMemory")
*' the file with the desired container, otherwise we have to '*
find<container>("MySharedMemory")*'. All the usage examples I could get were
only around 'create_only' and then 'open_only' modes..

My idea is to write one single method, that'd use the 'open_or_create' mode
so that we don't have to bother.. a sequence of creation and then usage..

I am not sure if I was clear enough in putting my problem across, please
feel free to respond with questions.

Really appreciate any help around this.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas Gardas