From: Juhasz, Zoltan \(IT\) (Zoltan.Juhasz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 08:54:01

Hi,

I've got a pretty strange problem.

We are using boost::serialization library to serialize arbitrary structs
into XML. That is working pretty good.

Our problems are:

- we also need to generate schema files (XSD) for the archive file,
since this XML archive file is going to be used by other programs (e.g.
written in Java etc.), and
- the unserialization part should be validated through the schema file.

Currently, the boost::serialization library can serialize / deserialize
our structs to XML just fine, but:

How can we add XSD generation support?
How can we 'force' boost::serialization to validate the XML file through
an schema file (XSD)?

PS: Unfortunately, the automatic generation of the XSD file is a strict
requirement, that is why we cannot use regular XML <> C++ object mapping
tools, where the C++ codes are generated by an external tool from a
schema (XSD) file.

PS2: If you know other third party tools that can solve the above
mentioned problem, please feel free to write.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Zoltan Juhasz
Morgan Stanley | Technology | Budapest
Zoltan dot Juhasz at MorganStanley dot com