From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 18:28:44

I've built all the boost libraries on Windows and Red Hat, but there
are compiler errors building on AIX using Visual Age (xlC) for the
filesystem library. It builds using gcc, but not vacpp, which is
the AIX standard compiler. We are using the latest version, V. 8.

There is more than one error, but I think they are all similar. I
believe that the code envolved is not fully standard compliant.

For example, in operations.hpp, there is an error on line 732,
col 72; the full error is (I tried to wrap as best I could):
The declaration of "end_itr" uses the undefined class
"boost::filesystem::
basic_directory_iterator<boost::filesystem::basic_path
<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,
boost::filesystem::path_traits> >" when the class must be complete.

The code is called by line 730, called by 473, called by 689. The
problem, I think, is that basic_directory_iterator is not defined
until line 822, after all these calls.

A coworker created a simple test that reproduced this error, fed
it into an online ANSI/ISO C++ Standard test utility by Comeau
computing, and it flagged it as an error.

Has anyone compiled 1_34_1 using xlC/vacpp?

If you need more information, or need the other errors, let me know.

-- Marty Fried
Left Coast, USA