From: Fred Lupien (fred.lupien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 15:59:06

Yea I had thought about this but haven't tried it yet. I am working on this
tonight. I have another question that could help me. Is their a
documentation available on exactly what is serialized in the archive, the
class format and related stuff seem to be serialized as a list of numbers
(at least in text archive it appears so, forgive me if I am wrong). What is
serialized exactly for each class (beside what the user specifies of
course!)?

If found that on a forum but I am not sure how relevant it is (from
basic_archive.cpp) :

//
// class_information is stored as
//
// class_id* // -1 for a null pointer
// if a new class id
// [
// exported key - class name*
// tracking level - always/never
// file version
// ]
//
// if tracking
// [
// object_id
// ]
//
// [ // if a new object id
// data...
// ]
//
// * required only for pointers - optional for objects

Thank you!