From: Damien Hocking (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 22:50:22

Ganesh,

it's not 100% clear (at least to me) what you want to do. The main
question is, do you know the expression you want to evaluate at
compile-time, or run-time? If it's compile-time, you can use
compile-time expression templates, like this:

http://www.ddj.com/cpp/184401627

If you're expression is constructed at run-time, it's more difficult and
you get into things like expression tree traversal and bytecode
generation. Some of the serious C++ template experts might be able to
offer some further advice.

Damien