From: Michael Linck (mgl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 17:35:22

The boost documentation states that the == operator "Compares the stored
pointers of the two smart pointers." The phrase "smart pointers" refers
to the shared arrays themselves, because that's really all a shared
array *is.* So the operation described above is actually equivalent to
what you outlined in item 2. of answering your own question.

mike