From: Ricardo Mayerhofer (maillistricardo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-26 11:55:02

Ops, sorry Michael, the example was inconsistent, the correct code is:
    copy( istream_iterator<string>(FileSource), istream_iterator<string> (), back_inserter( m_StringVector ) )

Actually the class I use is not string, I just though it would make the example simpler.
I use another streamable class which I save to a file and retrieve it later. (I cannot use serialization in this case, because the format matters, I mean, I have to save the class state in CSV format).

I tought something like this was possible reading the following topic when the lib was being developed.

> 2. Sources and sinks can be reused in cases where standard streams and stream

> buffers are either unnecessary or are not the appropriate abstraction. For
> example, suppose you want to write the concatenation of three files to a
> string.
> You can do so like this:
>
> string s;
> boost::io::copy(
> concatenate(
> file_source("file1"),
> file_source("file2"),
> file_source("file3")
> ),
> back_insert_resource(s)
> );

Thanks.

Michael Linck escreveu:
That copy writes from a Source to a Sink.  Do you need a vector of
Strings?  Why not a StringStream.  You might be able to use your copy on
a FileSource and copy to a StringStream.  Also your istream_iterator
types look inconsistent.

mike

            copy( istream_iterator<string>(FileSource),
        istream_iterator<FileSource> (),
        back_inserter( m_StringVector ) )

        Ricardo