From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-29 11:54:30

question boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1 My program under Code Blocks makes use of Boost.

I had to google Code Blocks, I've never heard of it before.

> The arrangement of my files is the following: in the directory of the
> source files of my program there is the directory "boost" containing the
> following directories:
>
> "filesystem", "config", "iterator","range","detail", "mpl",
> "preprocessor", "tools" and the file boost-build.jam.

Have you followed the instructions at:
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/index.html for the compiler
that you are using with Code Blocks?

> 2 The file that makes use of boost in my project contains the following
> lines:
>
> #include <string>
>
> using namespace std;

Placing a using namespace before the includes of more headers seems
sloppy at best.

> #include "boost\filesystem\path.hpp"
>
> #include "boost\filesystem\operations.hpp"
>
> using namespace boost::filesystem;
>
> 3 At build I get the message :"boost/preprocessor/config/config.hpp" no
> such file or directory and several other similar messages about other
> files of the same directory and about other files of the "mpl" directory.

Lookup how to specify an include path with your compiler and/or with the
Code Blocks IDE. Or ask how to do that on the newsgroups/mailing list
for your compiler or IDE. This is a common task when using any library.

> I've followed all the instructions here
>
> _http://www.boost.org/doc/html/jam/building.html_
>
> and here
>
> _http://www.boost.org/doc/html/bbv2/installation.html_
>
> At end of step 4 of
> _http://www.boost.org/doc/html/bbv2/installation.html_, the problem
> at build remains the same:I get the same message.

Again see: http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/index.html specific
to the compiler that you are using with Code Blocks.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but there appears to be a lack of
knowledge about your compiler/IDE that could best be answered using web
resources for those rather than a boost issue.

Jeff Flinn