From: Stefan Kok (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-02 01:40:52

Dear List

If this is not the correct list to post to. Then please forgive my
ignorance.

I have been admiring the work of Boost and its contributors for some
time now. My questions / comments :

1) Would their be any benefit to the community, developing a
specification for C++ similar to SUN's J2EE and JEE specification ?

I do realize this would require a mammoth effort as well as commitment
in terms of resources.

2) Is it possible to establish such a project under the open source
banner ?

Given the commitment and resources required.

3) Would this be reinventing the wheel ?

I know SUN & Java got there first (the J2EE thing). But C++ does have
some very powerful features which makes it unique in some ways,
templates for one.

Thank you in advance.

Stefan.