From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-02 12:41:36

question boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not the answer I am looking for.
>
> Look at here http://miles.developpez.com/tutoriels/cpp/boost/

Sorry... I cant read French very well.

The official documents explain it all:

http://boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html

On Windows, I do the following to build boost in its simplest form:

1) start a cmd prompt and run the vcvars32.bat for the microsoft
compiler I am using. This will set up all necessary compiler and linker
environment variables. You can find this batch file in one of the
subdirectories of the compiler installation (each version is a bit
different).
For example, in MS VS .Net 2003, this batch file is located at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin

2) from the root of the boost directory, issue a bjam command such as:

bjam --toolset=msvc-7.1

(the above is an example for MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 (a.k.a Version
7.1).

Thats it.