From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 09:38:23

question boost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ask you: where is the error?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/jam/building.html
>
> Here they say to go to BOOST_ROOT/tools/jam/src
>
> So I do C:\Documents and Settings\src\boost\tools\jam\src
> and then
>
> bjam --toolset=mingw stage
>
> and I get again the same message.

I've just looked through entire http://www.boost.org/doc/html/jam/building.html

It never say to invoke "bjam --toolset=xxx". In fact, it never say to
invoke bjam *at all*. Can you explain why are you doing that?

In general, you have posted at least a dozen email reporting various problems
you get when doing something, and you was told a dozen times that you should
start by following

        http://boost.org/more/getting_started/index.html

exactly, without trying to follow some other documents, and without
taking some parts of boost and leaving others. Before trying to
proceed further, can you answer the following questions:

1. Do you want to build and use Boost, or are you troll?
2. What C++ experience do you have? Do you know how to link to
libraries, generally, and how to setup include paths generally?
3. What development environment do you use? Does that environment
has command line tools? Do you know how to use those command line
tools?

- Volodya