From: Jeffrey Holle (jeffreyholle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-09 12:59:42

chandra_india_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've looket at this url
> http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html#identify-your-toolset
>
> at boost root directory i invoke the bjam.exe program
>
> C:\Program Files\boost> bjam ^
> More? --build-dir=C:\Program Files\boost \directory_1 ^
> More? --toolset=gcc stage

One thing I see that would upset bjam, like most command line
applications, is the embedded space in "Program Files". Try putting the
entire path that contains it in quotes.

Further, stage is a special target, that moves built targets to a
staging directory. I don't believe that it is this directory is
specified by "--build-dir".

If you are always going to be using the "gcc" tool set, uncommenting
"using gcc ;" in the user-config.jam file will allow you to not specify
--toolset=gcc on the command line.