From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-10 18:13:39

Jens said:

> Ah, thanks for providing this information! It is really so important
that
> it never should be removed from a quoted mail, right? NO!

I don't know anything about how news lists are administered, but how
difficult would it be for boost to have an automatic rule that bounces
emails which quote the footer?

Or emails with nothing but whitespace after the last '>'?

I think most guilty parties are infrequent or new list users who would
appreciate the private reminder rather than have inadvertent rudeness as
a matter of public record (whether somebody complains or not).

-- John