From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-12 20:11:17

On Nov 12, 2007 5:36 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> How does dataflow lib address the (rather broad) topic of scheduling? I am
> reminded of the Ptolemy project from Berkeley.

As it stands, not in a whole lot of ways :-)

The generic dataflow layer doesn't address scheduling (except you can
invoke a component).

The Dataflow.Signals layer included with the library (which uses
Boost.Signals to transport data) is pretty much self scheduling since
data transport is coupled with component invocation. The only
functionality that remotely relates to scheduling is in the
threading-related components (mutex, condition, and timed_storage).

Thanks for the Ptolemy reference! I was not aware of that project and
it looks very interesting.

Stjepan