From: john (john.ettedgui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 13:43:30

Hello,

I am trying to use the Interval library to solve boolean expressions like this:

(I1 AND I2) or I3, where I1, I2 and I3 are intervals.

I can get the AND part with the intersect function.
I can guess the OR part if there is any intersection or not (and then use hull).
I handle the priorities myself (I split the expression with Spirit).
This expression can be easily solved.

My problem is working with big expressions including OR.
For example if I have "(I1 OR I2) AND I3" I cannot call intersect( I1|I2, I3).
This is easy as it is a small expression, but when it gets to 10+ members...

Is there anything I can do ?
Is there any way to 'combine' intervals (ie keeping the union somewhere)?

I believe this is easy to solve, I just don't know where to look for.

Thank you,
John