From: Maximilian Wilson (wilson.max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 14:40:33

On Nov 14, 2007 11:26 AM, Andrew Holden <aholden_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I would expect the behavior in Boost 1.33+. The regex first matches the
> full string "Test", then it matches the empty string at the end.
>
> Try changing the expression to "(.+)" to match 1 or more characters, or
> "^(.*)" to match only the text at the beginning of the string.

It seems counter-intuitive to me that consuming an entire string should
leave an empty string behind. After all, after that empty string is
consumed, there's still another empty string, and another, etc.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the
right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the