From: bkash (bkash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-15 16:04:00

Hi,

Can anyone explain why some libraries created and installed by the build
process do not have the boost version number in their names as mentioned in
the getting started document?

This causes a problem when I build 1_34_1 and install it to the default
C:\Boost directory.

I have 1_33_1 installed there for projects that will not be updated soon.
The 1_34_1 build/install copies files such as boost_date_time-vc71-mt.lib.
These files already exist as created by the 1_33_1 build. The file is
identical to boost_date_time-vc71-mt-1_34_1.lib, so would imagine I could
simply ignore it as long as the automatic linking feature would never use
it.

The same occurs on linux. For instance libboost_date_time-gcc32-1_34_1.a is
identical to libboost_date_time-gcc32.a

Thanks,

bkash