From: John Dunn (john_dunn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-21 18:09:44

Now that VS 2008 has been released via MSDN, I'm attempting to see if our app
compiles and works using it. Following the instructions here (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/27205/focus=27207 ) got boost
compiled but the auto-link was still looking for vc80 in the library names.
Adding the following to \boost\config\auto_link.hpp fixed the link issue

#elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC == 1400)

    // vc80:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc80"

#elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC >= 1500)

    // vc90:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc90"

At this point everything appears to run. Is this the right way to start using
boost in VS2008? At what point will boost 'properly' support VS2008? By properly
I mean without me having to hack the boost src.

Thanks-

John