From: Robert Bielik (robert.bielik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-25 05:39:06

Robert Ramey skrev:
> So,
>
> a) You could mark anything primitive.
> b) In binary archives it will still work just by copying/restoring the
> bitstream
> c) In text based archives it will work if and only if there are stream <<
> and >>
> operators for the type.

But there's a problem here and I don't know how to fix it... I use the xml
archive format and tried to define operators << and >> (non-intrusively) and
saving the archive for my juce::String works fine, however, loading doesn't
work. Say that the tag looks like this in my saved xml file:

<MyTestValue>Yo, this is the test value!</MyTestValue>

When loading it, my variable gets the value "Yo, this is the test
value!</MyTestValue>" instead of the value between start and end tag, and the
whole load process then crashes of course.

How is the std::string/std::wstring handled since they obviously are
saved/loaded correctly?

/R