From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-27 15:24:47

Lars Hagström wrote:
> How about adding (as an option?) this kind of behaviour to the emulated
> mutexes in interprocess?

I could provide a macro to use emulated mutexes/conditions instead of
native ones.

> The Posix mutexes I assume guarantee some kind of robustness, so that if
> a process crashes its locks are released. by adding the below behaviour
> we get reasonably close to that behaviour for the emulated mutexes.

I don't Posix mutexes provide much robustness but they provide much
higher performance, since emulation is based on atomic compare and
exchange plus spin-waits.

Anyway, I definitely need some help on Mac OS 10.5. I don't know if
anyway has used those process-shared mutexes in practice and if they
work at all.

> Cheers
> Lars

Regards,