From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 11:32:14

Unfortunately, recent changes in binary_?archive break any
archive classes derived from it - this includes the portable
binary demo included in the package and probably other
archives as well.

Good news is that, with the help of a corporate sponser,
 I've made a new implemention which doesn't derive from
binary_?archive and has been tested on a variety of
platforms of varying integer sizes and endian-ness.
I expect it will be included in a future version of
boost serialization.

Also, the purpose of the current demo was to demonstrate
creation of a new archive class through derivation
from an existing one. So, I'll have to replace this with
another example and and update the documentation
accordingly.

Robert Ramey