From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 19:52:55

Hello everyone,

I have uploaded a new version of the dataflow library to the vault (in
the Dataflow directory), and updated the docs at:

http://dancinghacker.com/code/dataflow/

The new version introduces the Dataflow.Blueprint layer, which
provides runtime reflection of components/ports, as well as modeling
and analysis of dataflow networks via BGL. This new layer is still
full of hacks, its documentation is limited to a messy example, but
I'm excited about having started it.

This version also has some documentation updates and some additional
examples (such as a little image processing dataflow example using
Boost.GIL).

If anyone is interested, my roadmap to requesting review looks like this:
 * add lots and lots of docs.
 * bring the Dataflow.Blueprint to some reasonably usable state.
 * move functionality from the overabused Port-related concepts into
the Component concept, which should clean up and simplify the concepts
dramatically.

With this, I think the library will be in decent shape to request a
review (it will have one dataflow framework modeling the generic
concepts - Dataflow.Signals, and one layer built on top of the
concepts, - Dataflow.Blueprint). My goal is to get there in the next
month (which is only 5 months after GSoC close! :-))

By the time it actually gets to be reviewed, I hope to also add in
another dataflow framework that would in some way address the things
currently missing from this library (there are many).

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks to Phil Endecott, Pavel
Vozenilek, John Torjo, Roland Schwarz and Neal Becker for their
helpful feedback on the previous version.

Regards,

Stjepan