From: jayc.lawrence_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-11-28 22:23:22

Hi,

This post is not really 100% boost specific but I am trying to compile
using boost libraries and I thought I'd give this newsgroup a shot. I
want to know what have others done to avoid the circles I've gone in to
get this simple program compiled.

I compiled boost to "c:\boost\" and I have my MinGW installed in
"c:\devel\MinGW\" however if I attempt to compile using:

    g++ -v -Ic:\boost\ simplels.cpp -Lc:\boost\lib\
-lboost_filesystem-mgw34-d-1_34_1

It would result in failing to include the header files and I noticed:

    ignoring nonexistant directory "c:/boost/"

Am I going crazy here or does it appear that the compiler cannot access
anything beyond its default include paths?

So I tested it out... I made a directory in MinGW called "test" and used
the following command line:

    g++ -v -Ic:\devel\MinGW\test\ headertest.cpp

And still no header files.. It resulted in:

    ignoring nonexistant directory "c:/devel/MinGW/test/"

I thought i'd add it my windows %path% too but still had exactly the
same problem. So I finally resorted to putting the header files in the
MinGW/GCC include directory and the library files in the MinGW/GCC
library directory.. et voila! it compiled.

But this isn't ideal for me, anyone got any tips where I'm going wrong
here cause sure it's compiling now but.. I like to keep things
relatively tidy on here!

Best,
Jay