From: Laurence Bunnage (Laurence.Bunnage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-29 11:30:17

Hi Alexander

Using the latest version of lexical_cast (and lcast_precision.hpp)
hasn't made any difference. The code still misbehaves.

I have found a culprit, in terms of a function that when removed does
cure the problem. At the top of the main function, before the test
snippet, I had a call to _Control87(MCW_EM,MCW_EM). Moving the code
snippet before this call makes the code work correctly.

Now comes the rub. My software runs on a system which uses the NI-DAQmx
ANSI C Function Library. In their documentation they state that the
_Control87(MCW_EM,MCW_EM) statement is required to stop their libraries
crashing when compiled with Borland C and Delphi. They claim to have
fixed this issue in later versions of their libraries. Unfortunately,
most of our systems in the field are using an earlier version so
upgrading the library and removing the offending statement is not
possible. Brickwall meet head.

Laurence Bunnage
Software Engineer
e-mail: Laurence.Bunnage_at_[hidden]

TeraView Limited
Registered in England
Registered Office: Platinum Building, St John's Innovation Park,
Cambridge CB4 0WS
Registered Number: 04126946
VAT Number: 770 8883 84