From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-06 16:47:02

Hi there,

I remember that, a few months ago, there was a discussion that
Boost.Serialization was currently only thread-safe when using g++ . I
cannot find any specific information on this topic, however.

I have distinct objects, each of which is serialized in its own (boost)
thread and then sent over a network connection and deserialized at the
other end.

Seems to work fine, without synchronization between different serialization
calls.

I am using Boost 1.34.1 with Asio 0.3.8, together with threadpool 0.2.4.
This is on an OpenSuSE 10.3 box with g++ 4.2.1 .

Will I run into trouble when I port this to other compilers + platforms ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ruediger