From: Johan Oudinet (johan.oudinet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-07 02:22:28

On Dec 7, 2007 1:30 AM, Aaron Windsor <aaron.windsor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2007 2:40 PM, David A. Greene <greened_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 December 2007 10:39, Johan Oudinet wrote:
> >
> > > What Aaron try to explain you is that the vertex (edge) properties are
> > > bound to their corresponding vertex (edge). So the complexity to look
> > > for a vertex property is the same than finding its corresponding
> > > vertex.
> > >
> > > If you want to have constant time access to vertex properties, clearly
> > > don't use a ListS for your VertexList but a VecS for example.
> >
> > Ok, that's what I would have expected (vecS constant-time, listS not).
> > Thanks for confirming that.
>
> No, both are actually constant-time - access to internal vertex and
> edge properties is constant time, independent of whether you're

[snip]

I agree with you. I though David didn't have the vertex descriptor, so
the complexities that I talked are about how to find the vertex
descriptor according to a property. Of course the access to the
properties after that is constant time.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of your question David.

Regards,

--
Johan