From: Andry (andry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-21 16:31:53

Hello Robert,

RD> Thanks for your response. I'm actually completely confused as
RD> to what you're doing. I notice you're using __COUNTER__, however
RD> couldn't I just use __COUNTER__ without boost? What would the code
RD> look like for that?
Read documentation about slot usage here:
http://boost.org/libs/preprocessor/doc/ref/slot.html
and here:
http://boost.org/libs/preprocessor/doc/index.html

RD> I don't understand the need for this patch to the boost counter library.
You can't use built-in counter __COUNTER__ with BOOST_PP_ASSIGN_SLOT,
because it autoincrements in point of use. To avoid this patch adding
BOOST_PP_ASSIGN_SLOT_BUILTIN_COUNTER macro which works correctly with
__COUNTER__. For details read README_*.txt attached to patch.

--
Best regards,
 Andry                            mailto:andry_at_[hidden]