From: Tomasz Kalkosiński (pppsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-31 09:32:10

Hello group.

I want to use Boost.UnitTest library for my code testing. I went thru
examples and I've found it useful and easy. It's easy on simple one-method
one-file examples. My problem begun when I wanted to build few
hierarchical test suites splitted into directories and files. I failed.

There is no example on boost page - how to write them splitted in a few
files. Only cases are pointers to functions in one file. I had problems
including unit test header - I had multiple definitions of boost classes.
When i removed header - there were no macros etc.

Can anyone share a good practice - how to wrap example1 and example2 to
one mainsuite? And use 3 files for it? Examples from tutorial:

http://www.pdc.kth.se/training/Talks/C++/boost/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/index.html

On a side note I find myself disappointed with Boost.UnitTest
documentation. It isn't easy to follow (like I did for example with
Boost.Regex) . Links to examples are broken on main site :
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/index.html. But there's
a mirror on
http://www.pdc.kth.se/training/Talks/C++/boost/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/index.html.
That's nice, but their latest revision is more than 4 years old! But when
you google enough you find another one - author's own - on
http://www.patmedia.net/~rogeeff/html/ revised 2007 (at least copyright is
2007). Is it the way Boost library documentation is meant to be?

On a second side note I had no "main ()" function problem on debian. There
were changes on 1.34.0 so it won't work anymore as documentation says. So
I had to dig thru bug reports, mailing lists to find out author's personal
note on these changes. As a library user I don't want to waste time
googling, I want to use documentation and get it working. I belive
Boost.UnitTest is a good work so don't waste it on a poor support!

Greetings,
Tomasz Kalkosiński