From: Chrissi13378 Chrissi13378 (chrissi13378_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-01 19:03:38

That's strange. It definitely does not work here. Do you execute bjam in the VC x64 command line environment or in the regular windows cmd? Did you set special environment variables or paths before compiling?

By the way, the x86 build works fine...

 Chrissi13378 Chrissi13378 wrote:
> Hello,
> i recently upgraded from msvc 8 to 9. Now I have to rebuild all my
> libraries, including boost.
> To do so, I am executing
>
> bjam --without-mpi --without-python --toolset=msvc-9.0_64
> address-model=64 install
> bjam --without-mpi --without-python --toolset=msvc-9.0_64
> address-model=64 clean
>
> in the Visual Studio x64 build command promt. I am using an own-built
> bjam executable using the nightly build code (1.1.08) and the boost
> files from the current CVS (1.1.08)
>
> Unfortunately, once the build starts, a windows message appears,
> asking me how to open "execution_monitor.obj.rsp".
I use:

bjam --prefix=../../boost64/ address-model=64 --without-mpi --toolset=msvc-9.0 --build-type=complete -j3 install

the --prefix is because I have a requirement it be there for our versioning system. It seems to build everything.