From: Lipik Contact (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 08:02:51

Hi,

I am trying to build 1.34 with Intel compiler (have tried with 9.0 as
well as 10.1 - same results). bjam appears to skip building the
library linked to debug runtime (libboost*-*gd*.lib), and autolink
looks for these libraries when linking projects that use boost. I see
the same problem with 9.0 as well. I added the icl.exe path to my
user-config.jam, as suggested in an earlierpost on this list. I also
got the 1.35 dev version from CVS, and it also has the same problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My bjam command-line is:
bjam --v2 -a toolset=intel-10.1 variant=debug link=static
--build-dir=C:\Exp\build-boost --without-graph --without-wave
--without-serialization --without-python
-sICU_PATH=C:\DevLibraries\icu stage

On a related note, bjam seems to ignore compiler flags passed in the
command line.i.e., I try to build the release as:
.\bjam --v2 -a toolset=intel-10.1 variant=release link=static
cxxflags=-QxO --build-dir=C:\Exp\build-boost --without-graph
--without-wave --without-serialization --without-python
-sICU_PATH=C:\DevLibraries\icu stage

but /QxO compiler option is never enabled when compiling.

Thanks
Amit